Full plump lips are what everyone desires and there are various ways to get full luscious lips. Which lip plumper will be best?
Even if we are blessed with full lips, our lips start losing collagen at 16, and in 20, 30 years or more, some may start seeing thinning lips.
There are actually various lip plumpers from surgical to non-surgical, permanent to temporary. Unfortunately, not all are good nor safe. Here are your options
Various Lip Plumping Methods
Lip implants are for those who want a more permanent solution. Lip plumping is achieved by surgical implants that are either silicone, fat transfer, or tissue grafts from the patient’s own body such as the excess skin from a facelift, or a C-section scar.
These 3 surgical options are all office procedures and you can go home right after. It costs anywhere from $3.000-$6000.
While they are more permanent, they need checking after about five years as these procedures allow the lip to retain plumpness for 5 years, perhaps more.
As with any surgical procedure, there are accompanying risks such as infection, severe/prolonged swelling, possible lip asymmetry, lumps on the lips, and possible ulceration.
Lip fillers, or hyaluronic acid-based lip injections, are temporary lip plumping solutions that last from four to six months. It is a relatively simple procedure and costs about $650.
but there are certain precautions after – such as you cannot massage your lips for the next 24 hours. You should also avoid kissing, nor use exfoliants on your lips or use any type of pressure on them.
Months after the lip injection, the lips start decreasing in volume. So you might think that having lip injections again will solve it right?
Wrong. This is actually bad for your lips to repeatedly expand them with these fillers. It stretches your lips permanently, and when these lip fillers slowly degrade, it makes your lips lose elasticity. This causes your lips to wrinkle and sag.
This also disturbs the attachment of facial fat pads, adding to more wrinkling and sagging, which will eventually contribute to the aged look.
There were also cases of lip injections causing infections, especially when not done correctly. We have all seen lip injections gone wrong.
In case a lip injection has no complication but you are nevertheless not happy with it, you can opt to have the filler dissolved, which costs about $150.
Lip Plumper Products
Lip plumping products are the least permanent of all these methods, but they are way safer too. Remember though that not all lip plumpers are the same. Some lip gloss products achieve plumpness through certain spicy irritants such as capsicum.
Some also contain menthol to achieve a temporary plumping effect and provides a tingling sensation. Menthol, however, dries out the lips and is thus something to be avoided.
The more natural options are those that contain hyaluronic acid, serums, natural ingredients. These include coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter which all have hydrating properties. Cocoa butter, in particular, has antioxidants and Vit E. These hydrating properties help in naturally achieving a healthy plump look for your lips.
How to Achieve Healthy, Fuller Lips Naturally
- Always hydrate. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, even more during extreme weather.
- Use an organic lip balm daily. Our lips do not have oil glands and are thus prone to drying and peeling. You thus need to help your lips get nourishment with the daily use of organic lip balms. Remember that not all lip balms are the same, some have synthetic ingredients that make it not a good option for daily use on lips.
- Exfoliate lips but not more than twice a week. Our lips have only 3-5 layers of skin cells, so exfoliating more than the recommended frequency may make your lips feel raw and sore.
- Watch what you eat. Make sure that what you eat do not cause chapped lips. When eaten excessively, citrus fruits can cause dry lips; the same goes for acidic and salty foods.
How Zenrooted’s Products Can Plump Up Your Lips Naturally
Zenrooted’s lip products are your all-natural option to achieve plump, healthy-looking lips without any synthetic or harmful ingredients. Being organic, it is safe to use every day as part of regular lip care.
CBD Lip Balm / Essential Oil Lip Balm
Our Lip Balm contains the following organic ingredients
- Beeswax – an organic wax that seals in moisture while allowing your skin to “breathe,” unlike paraffin wax which is a common ingredient in other lip balms.
- Coconut oil – a natural emollient that absorbs quickly. It also has a disinfecting and antimicrobial effect.
- Cocoa Butter – has moisturizing and antioxidant effects as well as protectants from sun damage.
- CBD and Essential Oils – It promotes healthy plump lips as it nourishes since it contains omega 3 and 6, antioxidants, vits A, B, E., and D. CBD also has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory properties.