Did you know that the skin on our lips is far thinner than anywhere else on our body? The top layer of the skin, called epidermis, has a protective layer known as the stratum corneum, which in the lips is much thinner and more transparent. That’s why the lips have a pink shading, as we can see through the thin layer beneath which thousands of blood vessels and capillaries run.
The skin on the lips also has no oil glands, also known as sebaceous glands. These glands, located under each hair follicle on the rest of our body, are responsible for producing the skin’s unique oil. This helps keep skin moisturized and protects it from microbial and environmental forces.
Caring for your lips is very important as they lack self-moisturizing oil glands (sebaceous glands) or extra protection from a thick epidermal covering.
Using CBD with essential oils can take your lip care to a whole new level, and there will be no looking back!
PURPOSE OF LIP BALM
The primary purpose of lip balm is to provide an occlusive layer on the lip surface. This seals moisture in lips and protects from external exposure.
Dry air, cold temperatures, and wind all have a drying effect on lips by drawing moisture away from the body. Lips are particularly vulnerable because the skin on the lips is so thin, and thus they are often the first to present signs of dryness.
Occlusive materials like waxes and petroleum jelly prevent moisture loss and maintain lip comfort. Additionally, flavorants, colorants, sunscreens, and various medicaments can provide additional, specific benefits.
Lip balm can be applied to the lips with your finger, or in a lipstick-style tube from which it can be used directly from the lip balm tube.
SOME COMMON LIP AILMENTS
Here are some of the common ailments experienced by the lips, which can significantly be relieved by using the power of combining CBD and essential oils!
- Dry, flaky lips
- Chapped, cracked and bleeding lips
- Cold Sores
BENEFITS OF ZENROOTED CBD LIP BALM INGREDIENTS
Unlike traditional lip balms with minimal benefits and some with ingredients that may even cause more problems, a quality CBD hemp oil-infused lip balm has added benefits thanks to CBD’s properties. It is worth noting that lips lack oil glands, which means they do not produce protective oils on their own.
Full Spectrum CBD
There are many nourishing and moisturizing agents in CBD hemp oil that can soothe your chapped lips more efficiently. Your skin contains cannabinoid receptors that are a part of the endocannabinoid system and can interact indirectly with external cannabinoids like CBD.
CBD lip balm has many potential uses when it comes to dry/chapped lips, including:
- Moisturize and restore – the vitamins and essential fatty acids that are abundant in CBD products are great for dry/chapped lips.
- Alleviate soreness from cracked lips – helps with discomfort if you have extremely dry/chapped lips.
- Prevent chapping in the future – as a natural compound, CBD can help reduce dry/chapping to the lips. Using CBD infused lip balm regularly may help prevent this from happening in the first place.
- Helps with Hydration – keeping your lips hydrated and moist help seal any cracks from chapping and helps ward off infection.
- Younger Appearance – Well, moist, healthy lips do wonders for knocking off a few years.
Beeswax softens lips and seals in moisture for lasting protection, locks in moisture for hydration, and beeswax carries its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal agent.
- Keeps your lips hydrated and moisturized
- Protects lips by providing a breathable layer on its surface
- Rich in antioxidants, protecting from the effects of sun damage and pollution.
Besides being an excellent skin moisturizer, coconut oil is also antifungal and antibacterial naturally. Also, as an antioxidant, coconut oil can help fight off nasty toxins our lips encounter every day. Coconut also provides an SPF 4 in sunscreen protection.
- Effectively moisturizes even the driest of skins without any side effects.
- Provides antioxidant that targets inflammation and cell damage.
- Coconut oil has been used for a range of skin conditions, including eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- Coconut oil contains an SPF of 4, which might be inadequate protection for a full day on the beach but helps mitigate the effects of too much sun exposure
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines in the lips and the skin around
Cocoa Butter benefits include preventing skin dryness and peeling; healing chapped lips; fighting signs of aging; soothing burns, rashes, and infections; treating mouth sores.
- It contains properties that act as a protective barrier by supplying and retaining moisture for your lips.
- Cocoa butter also contains antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E, which can help slow the signs of aging.
- Pamper your pucker with a cocoa butter lip balm daily to keep lips well-moisturized and soft no matter what Mother Nature has in store.
- Cocoa butter can do wonders to your lips as it can keep them hydrated, soft, and supple for a more extended period.
- Lavender Essential oil – Lavender essential oil soothes and hydrates skin with a clean, floral aroma that promotes relaxation.
- Cinnamon Essential oil – It is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial and stimulates blood circulation to provide plumper lips.
- Eucalyptus Essential oil – Eucalyptus Lip Balm has a fantastic cooling effect that is known to treat issues such as chapped or dry lips and cold sores. If you feel a cold sore coming on or need relief from a cold sore, this is it.
WHY ZENROOTED CBD LIP BALM
The ZenRooted easy to apply, full-spectrum CBD hemp extract and 100% pure essential oil lip balm, combines all of the benefits of CBD and essential oil and other natural ingredients that smooth, moisturize, restore and protect your chapped lips from the natural, drying elements and the harsh effects of the sun, wind, dry and cold air.
ZenRooted CBD was created and inspired by the founder, Kayla Bell’s health journey. After more than fifteen years of suffering, countless illnesses that didn’t make any sense. She was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease and treated holistically.
When the combination of natural supplements, herbs, and essential oils was what drastically changed her health and life, She wanted to share this knowledge and help anyone else in her same position.
After realizing how many harmful chemicals are in many of our daily products, Kayla Started her first line Kayla Michelle in 2013 with the mission to create a more holistic and natural approach to life.
After her lip balm proved to be the number one product in her line, she decided to create a product line based around it. In 2019 ZenRooted CBD lip balm was created.